Every Child Ministries Uganda
Every Child Ministries Uganda is a Christian-based Non-Government Organization that specializes in uplifting the vulnerable children in Uganda. The Organization is specially known for its advocacy on behalf of neglected, downtrodden, and marginalized groups of Ugandan children.
ECM-Uganda is part of Every Child Ministries Africa with its head offices based in the US in the State of Indiana. The roots of Every Child Ministries go back to 1981, when John and Lorella Rouster went to Congo (then Zaire) as missionaries with another Organization and quickly realized the desperate and widespread need to teach the children there. In 1985, with the help of Christian friends, they founded Every Child Ministries (ECM) to meet that specific need.
In Uganda, Every Child Ministries Uganda (ECM Uganda) was registered and incorporated in 2008 as a Non-Governmental Organization. Work began in the then war torn District of Gulu, Northern Uganda. Over the years, our work has expanded to include ministry in and outside of Kampala, Lwengo, Wakiso, Tororo, Mpigi, Luuka and Napak District in Karamoja sub-region.
To build a World where Children are valued, respected and living lives of Hope
To offer Hope, Practical help and Dignity to Ugandan Children and their families in the name of Christ
1. To increase equitable access to quality education for the targeted groups.
2. To improve access to quality health care services for the targeted groups.
3. To promote advocacy and social inclusion.
4. To improve economic livelihood and access to adequate standards of living for the targeted groups.
ECM Focus: Bringing Hope for today, tomorrow, and eternity
• We bring hope for today by meeting physical needs
• We bring hope for tomorrow by providing opportunities for education through child sponsorship
• We bring hope for eternity by focusing on spiritual growth
ECM Focus Groups
• Children with Albinism
• Orphans and Youth
• Children with Disability
• Karamojong Children and Women
ECM Uganda Core Values
• Scripture-based and Spirit-empowerment
• Leadership through services to others
• Courageous to take risks